Are you looking to create a one of a kind painting from one of your own favorite pictures? Not only can you, but the process will be easy and fun. In just three simple steps, you can transform your own photos into a high-quality oil painting.
Just upload your treasured memories to our website, complete the transaction and in a few weeks, one of our paint by number kits will be at your doorstep. These kits contain everything you need to convert your memories into an individualized oil painting, and you don't even have to pay for the shipping.
We all have photos we want to remember. Sometimes you need something with a bit more class than a screenshot from your Instagram story. One of the best ways to display your most treasured photos and in a more engaging way is to turn them into paintings. Sure you could get them printed, but if you want a more personal touch you could always paint it yourself.
We know it sounds kinda scary, especially if you're not exactly artistically inclined. It's hard to imagine yourself painting a beautiful picture if you can barely finish a stick figure. Add to that the extra equipment and supplies you would need to get started and it gets overwhelming fast.
At Paint Your Numbers, we have the perfect solution to your problem. Just follow our easy system, and you'll be painting photos in no time.
How the Paint Your Numbers System Works
A Paint Your Numbers, we create personalized paint by numbers kits to help you get started painting your own photos. Essentially we take one of your beautiful photos ( and we just wanted to say that you're looking great) and break it down into different shapes. We print these shapes onto a premium canvas and assign each shape a number. These numbers all correspond to a paint color. When you receive your kit, all you have to do is match the colors to the right numbers and color in the outlines. Once you've finished, you'll be left with a fabulous painting that looks just like your photo.
This technology has been around for a long time and was used to create a lot of famous works of art. Leonardo Da Vinci developed this technique to help his assistants when they were working on big projects. He used to draw the basic shapes in the background of his paintings and then number them. Just like modern paint by numbers, his apprentices would color these in to reveal the finished work of art. Who knows, maybe you might be next Da Vinci. Probably not, but your mom will like your painting more than Leonardo's anyway.
In the time since Leo started the Paint By Number Trend, it’s become a popular pastime for adults to relax. In the 1950s, it really blew up, and it got so big that even President Eisenhower painted a few for the White House. People loved paint by number because it allowed them to relax productively. And once they were finished they had a unique piece of art to be proud of. But back then, you had to choose from whatever premade designs were available. However, now you can paint whatever photo you want.
To get started, let's walk through the beginning steps of turning your favorite photos into a painting.
1. Upload Your Favorite Photo!
This step is super simple. Just pick your favorite photo, and upload it through our easy-to-use website. The only hard part is deciding which image to use.
We’ll transform your image into a one-of-a-kind paint by number canvas that will be completely unique to you. This is the exact same material that high art paintings in a gallery use! Once you've finished nobody will be able to tell that you didn't buy it at an expensive auction.
Next, select the best size for your space. If you want a tiny painting to stick on your desk, or a massive centerpiece to bring your room together so we can make it. All of our canvases are affordable, no matter what you are looking for, it won't cost you too much.
2. Order Your Personalized Paint By Numbers
After you've selected your size, it's time to finish the rest of your purchase.
Next, you'll have a few optional extras to choose from. If you want you can choose to get a custom DIY frame kit, to go along with your one-of-a-kind art. It's well made and will make sure that it fits in any space. It comes with all the things you need to make a frame that's just as special as your painting.
After you've selected your options it's time to finish your order. We've made every part of this easy and that includes the shipping. At Paint Your Numbers, we are proud to offer free worldwide shipping.
3. Enjoy Painting Your Numbers!
In just three weeks, your customized paint by numbers kit will be in your hands. Our kits include everything you need to get started painting—all of the paints, brushes, and other equipment you'll need are included. Our method is designed specifically to be easy and fun at every skill level.
First, take everything out of the box. After you're done admiring your paint by numbers canvas, take note of the numbers placed in each outline. When you're ready to get started, there are a few tips to keep in mind so that you can get the best possible result and avoid frustration.
Tips and Tricks
- Start off with the largest shapes: This helps you get used to the brush before you get to the finer details of your image
- Clean your brushes: If you clean your brushes once you're finished with them, it will make it easier to get a great result the next time you want to use them.
- Don't use too much paint: It's easier to add a second coat than take away the excess paint.
- Take a photo of the canvas before you start painting: We all have busy lives, and you might not be able to finish all of your painting in one sitting. Taking a photo of the canvas before you've added any paint will make sure that you always have a reference of where to put all of your colors.
- Paint in a well-lit area: It's hard to paint what you can't see. Make sure there's enough light to see all the details. As a bonus, this will also keep your eyes from straining!
- Turn some music on and relax: The more 'In the zone" you are the better. If you're relaxed and confident your painting will turn out better.
- Do the colors one by one: If you do this, it will be easier to fill in the rest of the pattern and also give you more opportunities to correct any mistakes you may have made.
- Start with dark colors: Light paints are 'weaker' than dark ones, and you want to make sure that your dark paints are dry before you move on. If they mix too much, you could get muddy colors.
- Remember to take a break: You'll make more mistakes and have less fun when you're tired. So get up and stretch, maybe binge some Netflix (we won't judge).
- Start at the top and work your way down: Nothing is more aggravating than dragging our sleeve over your freshly completed painting! If you start at the top and finish at the bottom, you have a better chance of the top being dry by the time you want to start another color.
- Have Fun!: Not only is paint by number one of the best ways to turn your photo into a painting, but it's fun too!
Don't worry if this sounds overwhelming—it's supposed to be fun! As long as you take your time, you'll have painted one of your photos before you know it.
To wrap it all up, painting your own photos is not only enjoyable but straightforward. Just follow our simple system, and in no time at all, you will have made something you can be proud of. Just upload your picture to our site, finish the intuitive upload process, finish your order and within a few weeks, you can have a finished painting.